Kazakhstan flag carrier Air Astana wants to place a stronger emphasis on long-haul flights, and believes its low-cost structure will enable profitable growth. CEO, Peter Foster stated that the airline will move from being a Kazakhstan-focused airline to becoming more of a net-work carrier and focus more on long-haul operations. Air Astana is taking advantage of the geographic location of its hubs in Almaty and Astana to increasingly focus on transfer passengers flying between Europe and China; Southeast Asia and India; Iran and China; and Russia and Southeast Asia. Over the last six years, the airline has been slowly transforming from a point-to-point operation into a network carrier.
Air Astana CEO: Carrier looks beyond Kazakhstan
Recent News & Events
- Air Astana’s “Snow leopard” has started its journey!
- Air Astana Named Winner by Skytrax ‘World Airline Awards’ Seventh Consecutive Year
- Press Release: XL Airways Awarded Best Leisure Airline in France by Skytrax
- PRESS RELEASE: Drukair – Overture to Bhutan and Happiness!
- PRESS RELEASE: Fly XL Airways this Summer 2018 to the ‘City of Love’ and Celebrate a World of Diversity