Effective October 16, 2017, both active and former members of the Canadian Forces, traveling on British Columbia’s Pacific Coastal Airlines for business or personal, will be entitled to check-in two bags, up to 50lbs and/or 62” linear dimensions each, at no charge.
Although the checked baggage fees will be waived, the priority of the baggage will be based on the passenger’s chosen fare category, so the bags will still be prioritized on the flight based on the priority load list. To be eligible for this benefit, Canadian Forces passengers must present valid military identification at check-in. The following military identification is accepted:
- A CFOne Card with “CF” or “V”
- A Record of Serving Card
- Department of National Defense Card (NDI20)
- Department of National Defense Temporary Card (NDI10)
In addition to the above, former members of the Canadian Forces are also entitled to receive the checked baggage benefit upon presentation of any of the following:
- Record of Service Card (NDI 75)
- Any Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Benefit Card
- Discharge Certificate from any branch of the Canadian Military
- Statement of Service from any branch of the Canadian Military
- Certificate of Service (CF 54 or CF 75) from any branch of the Canadian Military
Spouses, partners, or family members of a Canadian Forces member are excluded from this benefit.