On February 15, 2017, Xiamen Airlines made New York its second destination in the US. On that day the carrier launched a three times weekly service from Fuzhou (FOC) to New York JFK (JFK), a distance of 7,753 miles. That’s over 1,243 miles longer than the SkyTeam member’s previous longest route between Shenzhen and Seattle-Tacoma, a route it launched last September. No other carrier offers non-stop flights between Fuzhou and the US. Both routes are flown using the airline’s 787-8s. It also uses the same type to support service to Amsterdam and Vancouver.
Xiamen Airlines Starts its Longest Route Ever
Recent News & Events
- PRESS RELEASE: Boliviana de Aviacion increases Miami Service during Summer Season
- PRESS RELEASE: Atlasglobal Expanding Route Network across Mediterranean and Beyond
- PRESS RELEASE: Solomon Airlines and Air Kiribati to partner on new Brisbane-Honiara-Kiribati Service
- TUI Group orders 18+10 B737 Max 10’s
- Oman Air increases Capacity to Salalah by 50% during Holiday Period