On February 15, 2017, Xiamen Airlines made New York its second destination in the US. On that day the carrier launched a three times weekly service from Fuzhou (FOC) to New York JFK (JFK), a distance of 7,753 miles. That’s over 1,243 miles longer than the SkyTeam member’s previous longest route between Shenzhen and Seattle-Tacoma, a route it launched last September. No other carrier offers non-stop flights between Fuzhou and the US. Both routes are flown using the airline’s 787-8s. It also uses the same type to support service to Amsterdam and Vancouver.
Xiamen Airlines Starts its Longest Route Ever
Recent News & Events
- Vietjet Air Continues South Korea Service Expansion in W17
- Azul Expanding its Recife Hub with New Domestic and International Destinations
- Pacific Coastal: New Checked Baggage Policy for Canadian Military
- Aircalin Firms Up Order for Two A320neos and Two A330neos
- Oman Air: Surprise Departure of Paul Gregorowitsch