Kazakhstan is the world’s ninth largest country and yet it remains unpopular to tourists. How-ever, a renewed focus on its aviation sector and investment in tourism means the country will soon be appearing on more airline network maps. As a part of this plan, Astana International Airport is preparing itself for the growth and an expanded terminal structure is under construction to grow capacity to handle the expected rise in domestic and international traffic. While the independently managed Almaty International Airport is already suffering capacity issues at peak times, the capital’s airport is set to more than double from its present capacity of 3.6 mppa to almost 8.2 mppa ahead of the opening of Expo 2017. (Read more)
Kazakhstan’s Asian hub foundation
Recent News & Events
- Air Astana’s “Snow leopard” has started its journey!
- Air Astana Named Winner by Skytrax ‘World Airline Awards’ Seventh Consecutive Year
- Press Release: XL Airways Awarded Best Leisure Airline in France by Skytrax
- PRESS RELEASE: Drukair – Overture to Bhutan and Happiness!
- PRESS RELEASE: Fly XL Airways this Summer 2018 to the ‘City of Love’ and Celebrate a World of Diversity