Aviation is among the most exciting industries to work in today. As a leader in airline representation, AirlinePros facilitates airlines’ access to new markets and drive their sales. Our team of industry experts currently look after more than 60 client airlines worldwide. With travel touching pre-pandemic levels and more airlines taking off, including new launches, AirlinePros is riding the crest of this revival.
As a global company operating in over 40 locations worldwide, we work towards uplifting and providing opportunities in the places we work. We are looking for passionate people to join us as Airline Accountants. The selected candidates will play an integral role in providing detailed analytical, and financial reports for internal control and risk management.
The openings are based in Kochi, Kerala, and currently on a work from home mode; the selected candidates will report to our Financial Accounting Manager and to the Global Financial Controller.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a culturally diverse team of professionals from all over the world.
- Ensure the accounting and finance activities are performed with accuracy and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Preparing and maintaining important financial reports
- Assist in the preparation of tax returns and ensuring taxes are paid properly and on time.
- Offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, profit maximization, and financial management.
- Focus on fraud prevention and risk management including chargeback resolutions.
It is hereby acknowledged that the job description is a broad indication of the work the jobholder is required to do. The jobholder may be required to undertake other duties that can be reasonably expected from him/her, particularly when others are absent from work. No job title or job description can be regarded as a precise specification of duties but should be seen as a guide to main responsibilities.
- Cash Book
- Downloading of bank statements daily and perform recons.
- Receiving ticket sales returns from ticket office and reconcile with receipts in bank.
- Record banking transactions on QB. (Accounting System).
- Receipt of funds and bank it daily.
- Confirm receipts in bank for ticket sales office.
- Provide guidance in safe keeping of ticket sales money.
- Accounts Payable
- Obtaining at least three quotes for purchases of goods and services.
- Ensure necessary approval for payment is obtained before processing of the invoice on QB.
- Record expense against the correct allocation code.
- Send Invoice for payment and print payment confirmation from bank when needed.
- Perform supplier recons which agrees with the aged payables monthly.
- Safekeeping of all supplier invoices.
- Accounts Receivable
- The company will not make credit available to passengers or companies, it will be the responsibility of the accountant to communicate it to all staff.
- Raising Invoice not generated automatically.
- Ensure all funds due to company are received.
- Perform monthly reconciliations to aged Receivables.
- General Ledger and Taxes
- Perform general ledger recons of control accounts monthly.
- Ensure all are taxes paid and recorded.
- Import transactions of HR In the general ledger monthly.
- Ensure all HR-related control accounts reconciled and updated with relevant transactions.
- Work with the accounting team of AirlinePros Inc for consolidations of books.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, accounting or financial systems.
- At least five years’ experience in travel agency / travel industry accounting.
- Communication skills in English.
- On-the-job experience at least in one accounting software.
- IATA/ARC accounting (ICH/SIS).
- Continuous professional development.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of CRM and database platforms and services.
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent ability to work cross-functionally within an organization.
- Creative problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and ability to positively challenge.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work within a diverse and global workforce.
- Self-confidence to take initiative to learn and self-confidence to seek out answers, ask questions.
Interested candidates are requested to apply with their full resume and any other supporting document as needed to email@example.com within seven days.